Deskera Inventory FAQs
- What is Deskera Inventory Manager?
- How do I access Deskera Inventory Manager?
- Can anyone else access my personal information?
Item Master Management
- How can I manage stock transfers across various stores of my organization?
- How can I manage stock level across various stores of my organization?
Cycle Count Management
- How can I identify, track and reduce inventory for my organization?
- What reports are available in Deskera Inventory Manager?
What is Deskera Inventory Manager?
Deskera Inventory Manager is a comprehensive solution that enables you to automate and integrate the entire inventory management process for your organization. With Deskera Inventory Manager, you can record, track, monitor, and evaluate inventory details. It allows you to manage all the items present in Inventory for each store and maintains central repository for all products across chain of stores.
How do I access Deskera Inventory Manager?
To access Deskera Inventory Manager, all you need to do is login with your username and password provided by your Administrator using a web-browser. You do not need to download, install or even setup the application.
Can anyone else access my personal information?
Your personal information is completely secure within Deskera Inventory Manager. Role-based access ensures that a user can only access information as per the assigned permission levels on the basis of his/her role and work function.
Item Master Management
How can I manage items for my organization?
Item master enables you to effectively manage all your products across chains of stores by creating, editing, activating, deactivating them through ‘Item Master’ link on Inventory Manager Dashboard. It eliminates unnecessary data entry by importing and exporting item details in CSV format. Item master maintains comprehensive details of all items such as item code, item UoM, cycle count and many more.
How can I manage product recipes for my organization?
Item Master enables you to manage product recipes by adding, replacing, archiving and cloning of Recipe Core items through ‘Recipe’ link on Inventory Manager Dashboard. Recipe eliminates unnecessary data entry by exporting recipe details in CSV format. Recipes can be approved or rejected according to sale of product or choice of management.
How can I manage stock transfers across various stores of my organization?
Inter Store Stock Transfer Entry facilitates stock transfers in all the stores of your organization. It maintains stock transfer and stock issue forms, with fields capturing detailed information from each store and updating the system post transfer. Personnel in charge get a single view of all stores to plan for stock transfers through ‘Inter Store Stock Transfer Report’ link on Inventory Manager Dashboard.
2. How can I manage stock level across various stores of my organization?
‘Inventory level’ link on Inventory Manager Dashboard allows management to control stock levels and movement of stock in all the stores of your organization by managing stock allocations to multiple stores across locations with the centralized purchasing system. Personnel in charge get a single view of all stores to plan for stock level through ‘Inter Stock level’ link on Inventory Manager Dashboard.
Cycle Count Management
Can I configure cycle count for all items of my organization?
Cycle count entry enables you to add, edit, update count frequency for individual item through ‘Cycle Count Entry’ link on Inventory Manager Dashboard. The Count Frequency is defined for each item in the Item Master and the list is populated based on the frequency set for the date in the Cycle Count Calendar in the Store Master tab. The Inventory levels and GL accounts are updated based on ad-hoc counts and Cycle Counts.
How can I view cycle count status for all items of my organization?
‘Cycle Count Status Report’ link on Inventory Manager dashboard provides Item wise detailed view of the Cycle Count for each store. Cycle Count Amendment functionality is also included in this report which enables the Finance users to alter Cycle Count in case of any manual error.
How can I monitor wastage of resources for my organization?
Stockout management enables you to view real status of what percentage of items are wasted, expired, damaged, or used in sampling process. It allows management to monitor wastage of resources and also view detailed analysis of product wastage and non-sale usage through ‘Stockout Report’ link on Inventory Manager Dashboard.
How can I make stockout entry of items?
Personnel in charge can make stockout entry if any item of the store has expired, wasted, damaged or item used for employee meal or for sampling through ‘Stockout Entry’ link on Inventory Manager Dashboard. Finance user can add negative quantity, for particular stores by selecting the Store from the drop down, in the entry forms to revert incorrect entries done by the Store Manager.
How can I monitor all business days activities for my Organization?
End of day checklist Report gives detailed information related to all End of day operations such as Sales, Markout, Cycle Count, Incoming Transfer, and Auto shipment and their status for each store and business date. Store Manager updates the EOD Checklist at End of day for their store. It helps management to monitor all business days activities and Instant Notification to the stakeholders in case the “Close Business Day” report is not generated.
How can I identify, track and reduce inventory for my organization?
Generate comprehensive and intuitive inventory reports such as Stockout, Top sales, Month end Variance, General Ledger report and more to get complete details about the inventory of your organization. Additionally, various Exceptional Reports are supported, and there is a provision to alert the concerned stakeholder whenever a particular exception condition is encountered in system.
What reports are available in Deskera Inventory Manager?
Deskera Inventory Manager incorporates a comprehensive list of standard reports some of which are listed below:
- Stockout Report: This report gives comprehensive view of items that have highest stockout on store basis and provides real status of what percentage of items are wasted, expired, damaged, or used in sampling process. This allows management to monitor resources of your organization and view analysis of product wastage and non-sale usage.
- General Ledger Report: The General Ledger report contains detail information about debit and credit transactions for a given period of time. Select a date range, store and activity to generate a detailed report showing complete details of all the transactions such as transaction code, Item code, ordering category and many more. Also, generate multi month report for selected criteria.
- Top Sales Report: This report displays information about the Sales and Discount activity on store basis as well as on company level. This is further categorized into Detail & Summary view which enables you to compare Sales for the current week with prior week. Also, generate multi month report for selected criteria.
- Month end Variance Report: This report displays complete inventory flow right from the Opening balance and its status as per each activity to the Closing balance. It also displays the Variance of the item along with its Theoretical count. Also, export report to external location in CSV format.
Is there any help available in Deskera Inventory Manager?
Deskera Inventory Manager offers complete assistance wherever you require through the following Help features:
- Getting Started Tips: If you are new to Deskera, get a useful and quick tour of all major features through the Getting Started Tips. The tour will get you started with Deskera with in minutes of logging in. Look out for the icon on the top right corner of your screen for viewing these tips.
- Contextual Help:Whenever you need any help regarding any link/button, Deskera provides you with a unique feature wherein you have to just hover your mouse pointer over the link/button and view its details.
- Browse through our “Frequently Asked Questions” to find immediate answers to most of your queries.
- Contact Deskera Support firstname.lastname@example.org. We are here to help you!
- Find useful tips and tricks on Deskera Blog.